Monday, October 17, 2011

Hunger Games. Another Twilight?

So I must say I am a huge fan of Twilight. I read all but the first book (I seen the movie first so was like... what's the point?!)

Anyhoo, after I finished Breaking Dawn, I was sort of disappointed that I no longer had a book to read. (Twilight is what got me to start reading for FUN again... or ever really, hehe)

So I went on a search to see what other Twilight fans were reading. I checked out Amazon.com and looked up Twilight, then checked out the bottom where it says 
"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"... and I seen Hunger Games. I was impressed with the amount of reviews and stars it had (3,127 reviews and 4 1/2 Stars).




I also seen that it was on Amazon's top 100 list for 394 days and currently at number 8!
 ALSO STEPHENIE MEYER (author of Twilight) said "I was so obsessed with this book...The Hunger Games is amazing."

STEPHEN KING said "A violent, jarring, speed-rap of a novel that generates nearly constant suspense... I couldn't stop reading." STEPHEN KING! I mean he's the go-to guy for suspense!

John Green (sorry I don't know of him) who is The New York Times Book Review, said "Brilliantly plotted and perfectly paced."

It's an easy read and just as captivating as Twilght (hey don't knock it until you've tried it! hehe). Im almost done with the first book, they have several too, I think 3 to be exact.

So to all my Twilight and non Twilight fans, I would say check this book out! It's my new fav! Oh! AND I just found out they are making it into a movie! Though the trailer looks a little disappointing at the moment, but we will see.

Let me know what you guys think!!! Let me know if your reading the book!
I feel a HUNGER GAMES FAN CLUB coming on!! hahaha

3 comments:

  1. sounds like an interesting book, i love reading! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard such great things about these books! Need to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I finished the Twilight Saga I too had to get my fix on more YA reads! I love the House of Night Series and The Mortal Instruments is freakin awesome! It's also being made into a movie. I've yet to start Hunger Games. The story line seems depressing to me but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete